Stop overreacting.

I was a conformist. Maybe I still am; however, I can say with out doubt that the current me was not as melodramatic as the past me, and when I saw past, I mean the years prior to 10th grade. 10th grade to me impacted me in both a bad and good way. I took AP Chem and APUSH. I did not do well in those classes. I'm not being hyperbolic when I say I rarely got an A on assessments in those classes. It was truly a painful experience for me. I became more silent, filled with resentment towards myself for not even matching my own expectations. I wouldn't say I wanted to quit, but I think I wanted to feel that I should quit. My hypocritical self, who would be disappointed with a B, began to diminish as my view towards importance changed. I didn't "need" a good grade, I just "needed" to learn something. If you think i'm being cheesy, go ahead. I'm being serious. There was one student, like me, who had poor performance in AP Chem, and dropped the class after the first semester. I didn't drop. I didn't conform. I didn't quit. I continued with the class and continued getting scores which would make those around me cry oceans (hyperbole lol). I didn't cry. I was just doing what I "needed" to do. You learn to learn, not to receive a grade. You didn't perform as well as you wanted to, then try again. Times running out? You have years to perform. No one is a failure unless that respective person has accepted him or herself as a failure. Heart matter more than numbers. So seriously...just stop overreacting and do what you "need" to do.
   Related imageImage result for apush meme
apush memes - Google Search

Comments

Popular Posts